Important News About QuickBooks Desktop 2021 & 2022
Important news about:
- QuickBooks 2022
- QuickBooks 2021
- Sunburst compatibility updates for QuickBooks 2022
- And, other news
QuickBooks 2022 will be releases on roughly October 12, 2021 - according to Intuit.
Here's some important things that you need to know about QuickBooks Pro & Premier 2022 (and moving forward):
- Both QuickBooks Pro & Premier 2022 will become an annual subscription - this means that you will have to pay for it every year in order to keep using the desktop version. It's similar to the Pro Plus and Premier Plus subscriptions that Intuit has been offering for the last several years.
- I have not seen specific pricing yet.
- All of the QuickBooks 2022 versions of Pro, Premier, and Enterprise will ONLY run on Windows 64-bit computers - so you may need to upgrade YOUR computer system.
When it comes to QuickBooks 2022, as always, we do not recommend installing the newest version of QuickBooks as soon as it's available - especially if you are running payroll. It always takes awhile to get the kinks worked out in a new version.
Honestly, I'm not sure why Intuit is doing this - maybe it's so you have time to replace/upgrade your computer systems to Windows 64-bit machines - BUT .....
Until December 10, 2021, you can still purchase a QuickBooks Pro or Premier "3 year, one time purchase price license. This single, one time purchase license will be good until May, 2024. At which time, you'll need to go to annual subscription pricing.
The catch is, you can ONLY purchase that 3 year license through an Authorized Intuit Reseller (such as ourselves).
Here's what we suggest:
If you currently have QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2019 or 2020, and would like to take advantage of being able to purchase a 3 year/single payment license of QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2021, document download this quote request (110 KB) and we'll provide you with a written quote and place the order for you - if you choose to go this route.
All order requests will need to be returned to us by December 8, 2021 so we can get it into Intuit's order system to prevent any possible snags.
IMPORTANT - YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING IF:
- you already have a QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2021 license that will be supported until May 2024.
- you have Enterprise (it's already an Annual Subscription)
Sunburst Compatibility Updates for QuickBooks 2022:
We'll be releasing compatibility updates for our software programs to work with QuickBooks 2022 to coincide with Intuit's release date - October 12, 2021.
We've had to make several coding changes to ensure that our software will work with both 32 & 64-bit versions of QuickBooks.
On August 16, 2021 Sunburst turned "21" years old. Quite a milestone for a company with just two people that started this business with $200, 2 computers, and the knowledge that each of possessed back in 2000.
But, to be honest, Ben & Nancy have/are both turning 61 this year and we don't want to keep doing this alone forever. Our goal is (and always has been) to simply make your life easier when it comes to handling this time-consuming tasks. So, starting in October, we'll be hiring an employee - her name is Heather.
Once Heather is comfortable, she'll be your main point of contact when you call or email. For awhile phone calls will be recorded for quality assurance and you'll be informed of this when you call in.
Ben & I will still be available, but you'll need to schedule an appointment to speak with us.
- Why We Aren't Compatible With QuickBooks Online
- Can I run your software on Right Networks?
- Compatibility for AASHTO Certified Payroll Upload for Connecticut DOT Released.
- Alaska Department of Labor-LLS Online Certified Payroll Update
- Nevada DOT AASHTO Certified Payroll Upload Available
- QuickBooks 2024 Compatibility Announced
- Resolution for problems with initial QuickBooks 2022 release
- IMPORTANT! Problems with QuickBooks 2022 - Don't Upgrade
- Important News About QuickBooks Desktop 2021 & 2022
- 7-13-21: US DOL Releases Final WH-347 Form