80040408 - Could not start QuickBooks, Windows Vista, 7 or 8 users
80040408 - Could not start QuickBooks, Windows Vista & Windows 7 Users
Resolving Error Code 80040408
Windows Vista, 7, or 8 Users ONLY
You will receive this error if:
- The User Account Control (UAC) is set "OFF". This setting is found in the Control Panel-->User Accounts section and must be set to "ON" (as recommended by Microsoft).
- Your QuickBooks file resides anywhere other than the PUBLIC folder in a network environment or the PRIVATE (Your User Account) folder in a single user environment.
- Both QuickBooks and CAPS/CPS/WMS must be run with Standard User Permissions (NOT elevated to run as Administrator) - see this blog post for additional information.
For additional information, see QuickBooks Connection Error Messages.
- Nevada DOT AASHTO Certified Payroll Upload Available
- QuickBooks 2023 Compatibility Announced
- Resolution for problems with initial QuickBooks 2022 release
- IMPORTANT! Problems with QuickBooks 2022 - Don't Upgrade
- Important News About QuickBooks Desktop 2021 & 2022
- 7-13-21: US DOL Releases Final WH-347 Form
- U.S. DOL issues temporary WH-347
- Another Update for Illinois DOL Electronic Uploads
- QuickBooks DESKTOP 2021 Compatibility IS AVAILABLE
- Illinois DOL Certified Payroll Portal Upload Compatibility