3/4/2010 Construction Application for Payment Solution Update Available
Print these instructions, by clicking on the "printer" icon above for future reference.
Based on the requests of Construction Application for Payment Solution (AIA Billing for QuickBooks) users we have added the ability to generate the following plain paper versions of the:
- AIA G706 - Contractor's Affidavit of Payment of Debts and Claims
- AIA G706A - Contractor's Affidavit of Release of Liens
- AIA G707 - Consent of Surety to Final Payment
- AIA G707A - Consent of Surety to Reduction in or Partial Release of Retainage
You can now print the plain paper versions in addition to printing on AIA Original versions of these same forms.
View a .pdf which contains all four plain paper forms mentioned above, by clicking here. These samples will also indicate where the required information is being pulled from in both QuickBooks and CAPS.
Existing customers, who have an active Annual Maintenance Contract for Construction Application for Payment Solution (CAPS) with Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc., will be contacted notifying them that they can download the necessary update in order to print these forms.
To obtain the update, please follow the instructions below:
- Close QuickBooks. Start Construction Application for Payment Solution (CAPS).
- Back Up your CAPS data (Backup & Restore menu -> Enhanced Backup CAPS data -> if there is no information in the top white box, click the big ? in the lower right corner, and follow the instructions found in the program help.) You should be backing up your CAPS data.
- From the Help menu -> choose Check for Updates - Windows Vista & 7 Users will be prompted to enter the UAC (User Account Control) password.
- From the Select An Update drop-down menu -> choose Version 5.0.183 (this is a TESTED Beta version). The version number can/will change at a later date, just download the next higher version.
- Click the Download and Install button twice - BE PATIENT while the program downloads and installs the update.
- Click the Close button when the update has finished installing.
- New customers and trial users will automatically receive this updated report when they purchase the CPS program, beginning in mid-March.
This update MUST be installed on each computer that Construction Application for Payment Solution is installed on!
Creating plain paper versions of the AIA G706, G706A, G707, and G707A
Follow these simple instructions below:
- Start QuickBooks (CAPS run faster if QuickBooks is already open)
- Start Construction Application for Payment Solution (CAPS)
From the CAPS File menu -> choose Contract Documents
- From the Contract Document window (below) select the AIA G706, G706A, G707 & G707A entry and then click the Use this Form button
- From the Select Data Source window click to select the job you wish to generate these documents for and click the Create Document button.
- From the AIA Form G706, G706A, G707 and G707A (or Print) window - select the form(s) you wish to print, add exceptions specific to this job for the G706 and G706A, Add your Surety's, etc. and click the Create Word Document button.
- Adding Surety's is just like Adding Architects in the main CAPS program, click the Add/Edit Surety List button, on the next window, click Add - type in the Surety information, click the OK button, the Done button, and the Yes, to Save Changes option. Surety's can then be selected in the drop-down menu.
- Unlike the other document in the Contract Document Manager, the plain paper versions of these specific forms cannot be modified. This means that you cannot edit the templates and add logo's, change font sizes, etc.
- Use the Print on AIA Forms button if you wish to print on AIA original G706, G706A, G707, or G707A forms.
- This update has been tested on Windows XP, Vista Business, and Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) using Office 2003 and Office 2007.
- This update is NOT compatible with Office 2010 Beta - however, you should not be using a beta version such as this on a computer that you use daily. Only final release versions of Microsoft Windows or Office should be used on a computer that you rely on to run your business!